Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Justification

Friends discussed about my previous dislikes of the hardcore moshing/dancing, and compared it to my current active role in it. I sensed some sort of judgment that might have labelled me 'hypocritical' of my own beliefs, so here I write an explanation. You can read from my previous posts, one of the earliest, an undeniable dislike I showed once towards it. I won't deny it. I called the moves' kungfu moshing', especially the moves I disliked - but I still do, to an extent. I want those who read my blog and know me in person to not misunderstand my point of view.

I do mosh now in a way I once found weird, credited to my now expanded knowledge of the hardcore culture. But I want to make it clear that I do still find some hxc moves unacceptable (to myself personally). I am only active in the traditional two-step/pizzamaker and breakdowns, because those are all I need for release.

I don't do the continuous flying, spinning kicks, the flinging, windmill arms, because I still stick to what I believed two years ago; those intentionally and obviously will hurt people. I don't mosh to hurt, I mosh to release. I wrote before I do not understand why the crowd would move in synchronisation to free music, but I now realize it is not a negative thing; almost an angry dance of release.

I still shake my head at kids who 2-step and breakdown and all the wrong parts of a song. What I do now, is not what I hate, nor what I love. Just a release.

------------
With Love,
KL Mosher

No comments: