Friday, November 18, 2011

Waking up

Hello again!

It's been a while, I have been away from KL for months now and re-visiting in January. Not much of a KL Mosher now, but a KL Mosher in heart anyway.

I have been communicating with friends from the music scene back in Malaysia to update on what's been going on gig-wise and generally the movement and progress of the music scene. And to be fair, after all that I have heard; not much is going on.

It seems like the scene left with me. All the gigs seem to have lessened, the bands have dissipated, the gigs are all monotonous and generally uninteresting. When I was back in KL, we had local gigs that were the hype of the month, the must-go. Now it seems like the only ones people look forward to are the international bands coming over to Malaysia.

Aside from Shock & Awe launch parties and the usual Laundry nights, what exactly have the music scene been doing to progress itself? It seems like many of my friends have said "I haven't been to a gig for a long time" which to me, is a definition of "There is nothing worth going to."

I was hoping to see the scene sparkle from far and hear of it growing and better itself whilst I'm gone, but I don't think that will ever happen.

I wonder what it will be like when I go back in January.

----------
With Love,
KL Mosher

1 comment:

PTK Distribution said...

Heyyy celine...how do you do?
I'm aldiman...from Pontianak-West Borneo...
I've read your article in SHock&awe#3...
Yeahh, i feel the same just like the scene in my town......

actually about the topic in this article(this post)........
The activity in my scene now is going down...(if we talk about weekly routine music gig)......
But sometimes i feel a routine gig is also boring....actually if there's no "new" thing that we can discover..
These last two years, most of the gig here are 25 to 30 bands on the list,high cost gig(rent a big stage,lighting,big venue,etc..)
And i know that the main thing that we want to see in a music gig is a musical perform from a band...
But the same thing again and again every week can make people bored.
Because there are so many bands here, but most of them do the same thing....make 3 songs,than find a gig.......
So i think....sometimes, people in the scene get bored, because they don't have any idea of any other things to do......beside music...
Emmm, this is my opinion...based on situation here....just want to share this and maybe get feedback from you and make a discussion...

thanks :)